Flowers are the defining aspects of a garden and when you listen to the word garden, an amazing assortment of colorful flowers comes to mind. The best way to utilize small areas at the front is by planting any bright flower bulbs and create your little heaven. One can easily buy the flower bulbs from flowercompany.ca , along with varied colorful flowers.
Bringing a new life to the world
The whole process of gardening is soothing. It brings you peace; it calms the distressed mind, body, and soul. When you are planting something for the first time, you give your 100%, leaving behind the worries for even a few minutes. It feels like you are contributing something very pure to nature.
Ask the florists in Toronto, how happy it makes them and how calm they feel when working with flowers all day long. It is an amazing job to create colorful bouquets and flower gifts for people.
What is floral gardening?
Floral Gardening is a garden where flowers are grown to be displayed. There are numerous places where different species of a single flower are displayed, like a rose garden, tulip garden, etc. Individual gardens are rare because a garden should always be blooming.
Every flower has a different time of maturity. Taking this into consideration, a flower garden is organized. By mix and match patterns of different flowers, maintaining a sequence of flowers blooming in combinations throughout the year.
Essentials for a floral gardening
It is always tough for a beginner, especially to assemble all the knowledge regarding something new. Before starting a project, essential information should be gathered properly. For a floral gardening following are the essentials:
- Good Soil: Soil quality is important. It should not be too sticky or too sandy, but a quick, proper draining and beneficial to the plant’s roots. The pH level of soil and fertility should be perfect, as vegetables and fruits are cultivated from the flowers.
- Flower Type: Selecting which flower type will be suitable for your new garden is dependent on you.
Annual flower types are those which grow for one season and perish. Annuals have to be replanted each year. Their whole life cycle is done in a year, but with proper care, they bloom beautifully for the complete season.
Perennial flower types are those whose life cycle does not complete in a single season. The root system of these flowers stays alive for several years and decades even. The plants can perish in winters but do bloom out in the spring. But the flowers only bloom for a few months or weeks each year.
- Sun: Sun is considered the most essential element for the growth of plants and its flowers. Budding a flower takes a lot of energy and the sun is the only source of power for a plant. The plants need from 6 to 8 hours of direct sunlight in the growing season.
- Seeds or plants: It is your decision, how you want your plants to grow either from seeds or small baby plants. Flower Company can provide you with orders. Perennials can take up to a year when sown like seeds and a few months for annuals.
The best way to plant seeds is to do it in the gardener’s way. They sow the seeds indoors in pots and later when it’s warm enough; they replant them outdoors. The other option could be getting sprouted plants from the greenhouse and planting them in your garden before they bloom.
The right place for Right plant: Never select a flower which has needs that you can’t fulfil. One should know all about the soil type, sun presence on the place, how close and how much is the water supply and how much time do you have to invest in these little buds. Provide the right plant in the right place. Visit Flower Company for vast options and best collections for your loved ones.
Which one is better? Annuals or Perennials
With enough time on your hand, you can enjoy the benefits of Annuals. You do not have to preserve them from the winters and can replant new annuals every season. This can give a different look to your garden every year. Annuals need more care when it comes to gardening. Regular watering, fertilizing, etc.
On the other hand, perennials are with you for a long time. They bloom again each year. Perennials give your garden a steady structure. You do not have to go through the whole effort of planting them every year. But these flowers do need enough care in winters to protect roots from frosts.
List of Annual Flowers
Here are a few examples of annual flowers for your floral garden, this coming spring.
- Zinnias: The zinnia flowers are low maintenance, adding vibrant colors to the garden. They need full sun and well-drained soil.
- Vinca: Otherwise known as Madagascar periwinkle, vinca flowers bloom for the whole summer in blue colors, non-stop.
- Geranium: The geranium needs full sun/ partial shade. Well-drained soil is necessary and varies in 7 different shades.
List of Perennials
The list of perennials is too long to name all at once, but examples of these flower types are here for you are the best ones .
- Coneflowers: The best attractions of bees, butterflies, coneflowers do best in not-so-good soil too.
- Foxgloves: The seedlings of these flowers can be planted indoors or outdoors, anytime. They bloom in late summer and the coming year as well.
- Peonies: Planting these beauties in full sun and under the perfect 2 inches of soil, you are solid for the coming decades.
Nature has given us almost every variety of flowers because they are an essential part of nature. It is dependent on us to select and plant them in every space available.