We all know that hair accessories are one of the most useful and at the same time – most beautiful items one can get. They can completely transform the way you look, upgrade your styling, making it perfect, and help you improvise and experiment with different styles, colors and trends. Hair clips, headbands, ponytail holders, scrunchies, hair claws, hair pins, tiaras, bows… The list of the most popular accessories is quite long. But what if your whole hair is an accessory? How can you make your hair become your most beautiful accessory and an element that completely changes the way you look and the way you express yourself? The answer is simple – you can easily do that, by wearing a wig.
Wigs are no longer a necessity, or rather not only a necessity, but they have become an integral part of our lifestyle, giving us so much space for maneuvering with different hair styles, colors, shapes and patterns – even if we don’t have a medical condition, but if we only want to match our hair with our outfit or change our appearance for a specific (or special) event. Luckily, this is more than achievable. And more importantly – wigs have become socially acceptable, which was not the case in the past. Five, ten or twenty years ago, it was considered to be something that is made specifically for people who suffer from hair loss, as a cultural element or something that is made for stage and show business or drag.
Today, things are completely different. High quality wigs that are made of both human hair, animal hair or some synthetic materials can be purchased on many websites, in many retails and they vary in price which is the reason why everyone can get one for themselves, no matter how big their budget is or what their preferences are. Still, there are certain differences between hair products which is why you should go with the most reputable companies and products such as https://shop.luvmehair.com/collections/full-lace-wig, that are able to provide you with wigs that will last for a long time and look the same or almost similar to how they looked when you first bought them.
If you’ve always wanted to buy a wig but you weren’t sure which wig type is the best for you, then the first thing you need to do is to find something you like and to think about the message you want to send through your outfits, your hair and your appearance. Websites such as Pinterest, Instagram and many others are a great place to start, since they allow you to search for ideas and select the ones you like, and you would gladly try on yourself.
There are several types of wigs – from custom made ones, to the ones that can be found everywhere (which are more affordable and commercial), from natural to synthetic hair – there really is a plethora of options to choose from. However, a general classification of wigs is – they can be full, partial, or hair pieces that you can add to your hair just to appear more voluminous. That being said, hair pieces are also considered to be a part of the wig products, along with full and partial wigs.
One of the most common questions that people who have just purchased a wig ask is – after I put on my wig, how many styling options do I have? And what can I really do with my hair? People are usually concerned that their wig will not remain still and that it will move causing them embarrassment and other unfortunate situations. But is that the case in reality? Can wigs be styled into many different hairstyles or not? That being said, the number one hairstyle, and at the same time – one of the most wanted and most popular hairstyles is a simple ponytail. But can people with wigs make a ponytail? And especially – can people with a lace front wig wear a ponytail? The answer is yes. With the right tips and tricks, your ponytail will look more than fantastic! Let’s dig into that.
- The first step (and the most important one) is prepping your wig to fit perfectly, before you move to the next step. This includes preparing the front and the back hairline on your head – forehead as well as neck, since the hearline will be revealed when you make a ponytail, which is why you need to make sure that everything is immaculate. The only way to do that is to get rid of baby hairs and more importantly – the excess amount of lace from the wig.
- After you prepare your forehead and your neck, the next thing you should do is to prepare your natural hair by making braids or one single braid that will sit invisibly on your scalp, underneath your wig. Afterwards, you can place your stocking cap on and make sure that you use wig glue so that you can firmly attach the wig to your skin. In order to dry the glue, you can always use a blow dryer and finally you can use makeup to cover lace and make it look realistic.
- The third step consists of applying the wig in a recommended way by using the right amount of glue, pressing the ends down and adding hairspray after you’ve done. If you prepare the wig the right way, you will be ready to style your hair the way you want. The most important thing about this process is to make sure you’ve attached the wig firmly, so that the wig can endure the pressure and weight that your ponytail is going to produce.
- To make a sleek ponytail you will need to make sure that the edges of your wig are strongly attached to your skin. (You can always pull your wig down and see if it’s in place or not). After this you need to choose the right place for your ponytail and slowly start pulling your hair in that direction. If you want to go for the high ponytail, you need to be aware of the fact that the biggest part of the job is to prep your wig – the rest is simple. If you’re sure that everything is set, then you want to secure your wig with a headband or a hair band.
- Finally, you wanna add more hairspray or hair gel to your wig because you want to make sure it sits in the right place even after a couple of hours, especially on your forehead. After that, you’re all set! All you need to do is to enjoy your new hairstyle!