The urge to argue or wager has been, is, and will continue to be. Moreover, it is inherent like a certain part of humanity. In today’s world, this human need has materialised, among other things, in gambling. Betting itself is a full-fledged business with a turnover of billions of dollars a year. Even a decade and a half ago there were no manuals on the basics of sports gambling. Most players of the past learned the art of betting by making the same mistakes.
In this article, Telecomasia.net will talk about the most common rules of gambling, which will help you stay in the black in the long run.
Competent or successful play against a bookmaker requires financial discipline. Everything is like in a standard business selling goods and services.
- Decide on the size of the bank. In other words, allocate such an amount of cash that it is completely uncritical to part with in case of loss. And do not exceed your limit for a conditional period.
- Do not play for the last money. You need to play with the money that you are not afraid to lose. Betting is, first of all, entertainment. In no case do not borrow for these purposes, also do not lend funds for bets to friends and acquaintances.
- Don’t use the entire bank at once. Plan your cash flow according to your sporting event schedule.
- Sum up the results at the end of the period. Mark a period for yourself, for example, a month, and at the end of the month compare your bank with the original one. If you are in the black, then you are doing everything right, and if not, work on the mistakes, draw conclusions about the feasibility of the project.
How to protect yourself from losing the entire bank
It is possible to lose absolutely any amount of money in a short period. And this can happen immediately after a long time even the most improbable outcomes have been guessed. Losing all the money, a person puts himself before the problem of a new entry of funds into the gaming account, which directly leads to a decrease in the budget. To avoid this and to minimize all risks as much as possible, it is necessary to remember the following tips:
- Only choose sports that you know well.
- Conducting a thorough analysis before the event, as well as tracking what is happening on the field during the betting.
- In case of losing money, you should not get upset and try to win back as soon as possible. It is important to calm down and tune in to recover the money by gambling.
- It is categorically forbidden to increase the wager amount, even with several successful transactions.
- Never take risks or go all-in. The main thing to remember is that you always should subjectively doubt all the odds a little.
Professional athletes are known to have in-house or freelance experts in psychology working with them. In sports of the twenty-first century, it is not enough to follow the Olympic motto “Faster, Higher, Stronger”. Stress tolerance and psychological equilibrium are just as important as technique, tactics, and work in training. Try to realize that you are a player just like them. But you have your virtual playing field. Many sports gambling enthusiasts have gone through two polar states, the giddiness of success or despair (panic, hopelessness). After a chain of winnings, some players think that now the sea is knee-deep. Further rash actions get such people into a mess. And, on the contrary, a series of failures can prompt a desire to win back at any cost. The result is the same as in the previous paragraph.
Do not be lazy to analyze victories and defeats. And in one, and another case, take a break, give rest to the brain and spare the nerves. Sport is eternal and your matches are yet to come.
Betting Tips for Beginners
Let’s name a few more important aspects that should be adhered to, besides those that have already been covered in this article:
1. Don’t bet on favorites with low odds
The strategy of such bets on the minimum odds is most popular with beginners. It seems to them that the favorite is sure to win, and the wager will win. But in most cases, this methodology leads to losing the deposit. It happens sooner or later. After all, even the leaders of the competition quite often lose, otherwise, there would be no strategy of betting on the victory of the underdog.
Statistically, only four out of five bets at odds of 1.20 play. This means that every fifth wager will be lost, and the other four will not be able to cover it. Also, beginners will often make parlay bets on a low odds favorite to win.
A parlay bet is a kind of chain of events, the odds of which are multiplied by each other. They are more suitable for professionals who have vast experience in gambling. A more detailed and well-thought-out strategy is needed in the use of parlay bets. Beginners are unlikely to be able to compose and implement it.
If you are betting on a pair of events with an overall odds of 1.90, the odds of winning are pretty high. But newcomers are intoxicated by the desire for easy money. They will make up the parlay bet with high odds. We advise beginners to start with singles. First, learn to work with single bets.
2. Forget about 100% successful betting
Often beginners are overconfident about some of their predictions, calling them “sure bets”. But professionals know that there are no sure bets a priori. This is because sports are full of sensations, no one is immune from errors in calculations or a banal accident. So do not bet large sums on a supposedly guaranteed outcome. Divide your bank into many parts and never exceed the bet amount.
As for match-fixing, they undoubtedly exist, but information about such matches is known only to a narrow circle of persons close to them and does not spread outside it.
3. Be careful when betting on your favorite teams
Do not bet on teams that you are attracted to. Here you must turn off your feelings and sympathies for the team or athlete. Otherwise, the likelihood of losing increases. Beginners often bet with a psychological attitude, favouring feelings over reason. Don’t knowingly make a mistake that will lead to failure.
4. Trust your intuition
Don’’ bet on a statistically probable event if your intuition says no. Even if you are using a proven strategy. Sometimes it’s better to listen to your inner voice and give up the bet.
5. Do not bet just for the sake of wealth
Perhaps the main rule that should be used to complete this article. Gambling solely for the sake of making money is a surefire way to lose everything. If you do not get pleasure from the business you are doing, then you will not be able to perform it as efficiently as possible. And in such a complex matter as playing against a bookmaker, any mistake or loss of concentration will lead to inevitable financial losses.